Friday, October 15, 2010

the wonders of nature

Being here at California State University East Bay, I am situated high above the town of Hayward. It is a bit of a climb in the car to get up to the top of the hill to the school, but the seclusion of the campus is the best part. While you are close by to the neighboring city down the hill, you get more satisfaction by being just far enough that you feel in an state of solitude.

Every so often, I take a small hike up one of the hills next to the housing (named Greek Hill) and just stand on top and look out over the city and the rest of the Bay Area. On a nice day, you can see all the way across the San Mateo Bridge, San Jose to the south, and even San Francisco to the North, along with the Bay Bridge. It is a great place to be even you want an amazing view.

But it is even better if you need a quiet place to reflect, ponder the questions in your life, or even pray. Many times, I have walked up that hill and just prayed to God and thanked him for everything that is in my life. It really puts me at peace with myself and everything else around me. And it definitely puts a smile on my face when I am all done. It's too bad that I have never thought about lugging my beach chair and a book up to the top and just sat up there reading.

Maybe soon...

Here is a panorama that I made at the beginning of the quarter to give you and idea of the view at the top. If you click, it will enlarge it so you get the full detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment