Saturday, October 16, 2010

october...the darkest month of the year...

Literally and figuratively...



When October usually comes around each year, we all think of Halloween, candy, costumes, death, blood, zombies, and anything else in between. True, I do think of things like that, but for many others, it always seems to be the month that doesn't go as well as the others. For a lot of people, lives are changing, bad news comes, or just things seem much more dark and dreary.

In my past years, October has brought some bad times, tough work nights, and other tough life choices. But what is always nice about October is that once it is over...the mood shifts.

...into holiday mode! Happiness fills the air, the smell of fresh Thanksgiving turkey, and the sight of colorful Christmas lights. It is a very exciting time of year for me. Even though it does bring some stress as to getting gifts and figuring out your holiday schedule, it is not as tough as we really make it out to be.

This year I am actually excited about Halloween because I get to spend it with friends and hang out. Normally, I would have to work during that night and it can be very chaotic. But this year...candy, costumes, and lots of fun.

:) maybe more will come later tonight. I enjoy posting my thoughts about life and my daily happenings.



No comments:

Post a Comment