Monday, October 18, 2010

to infinity and beyond...


While I take a quick break from studying, I thought I should tell you a story...a story about my obsession rather with Toy Story.

Toy Story was released in 1995, about when I was 5 years old, and it was one of the first movies that i actually remember in my mind. I was so excited to watch it and I would try and watch it as much as I could. Then came Toy Story 2 in 1999 and it got even better. I was still in love with Toy Story as a whole...but I thought the second one would be the end. Although I was older when the 2nd one came out, I still find the first one as my favorite.

Then came Toy Story 3...

After waiting 11 years, I NEVER thought in my life that one movie could really put me back to a place that I missed. And I feel like it happened with everyone. Toys reflect childhood and just by watching this movie, it made me miss my childhood. When I was younger, I play with toys of all kinds and I could just be free and have fun. But eventually we grow up and times change. But this movie really made me feel like a kid again.


The reason why I put this movie far above anything else is the fact that I grew up with Toy Story and it is a large part of my past. I have always wanted to be Buzz Lightyear and am not ashamed to say it. Heck, I am in college and I walk around with a Buzz Lightyear backpack!


I also never thought I could cry in a movie anymore than Pixar's 2009 movie, UP. That movie made me cry very much, strictly the beginning scenes. But Toy Story 3 had me completely bawling through several parts in the movie, especially the ending. I will not give it away, but it is just...ugh so perfect the way that it ended.

I finally have the first Toy Story on DVD and still call it my favorite movie of all time, but Toy Story 3 is right behind. Just a different feeling, being older and understanding all of the emotions from the first translate well into the last.

The DVD release is Tuesday, November 2nd. SO EXCITED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment